Dr. James P. Wickstrom
'False and absurd': Missouri governor fires back against his lieutenant for saying Obama administration kept National Guard out of Ferguson as rioters torched the town
- Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon drew fire from Republican Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder for calling in the guard but then never deploying them into the riot zone
- Nixon fired back Tuesday, calling the accusation 'false and absurd'
- Kinder had pointed fingers at Attorney General Eric Holder and the Obama administration, saying they pressured Nixon to show restraint
- 'I cannot imagine any other reason why the governor who mobilized the National Guard would not have them in [Ferguson] to stop this'
- Guardsmen were deployed to other St. Louis suburbs Monday night but only arrived in Ferguson on Tuesday morning to survey the wreckage
- Nixon dodged a question about whether or not guard troops were on Ferguson's main streets before the chaos erupted
Published: 13:12 EST, 25 November 2014 | Updated: 18:14 EST, 25 November 2014
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook